Thornhill day camp location
- Is situated in the Beverley Glen neighbourhood, Thornhill, east of central Vaughan. Serving families in York Region and Toronto. Operating on the facilities of Wilshire Elementary School at 265 Beverley Glen Blvd., Thornhill L4J 7S8. Our Thornhill summer camp will make use of a school gym and a large bright playroom with a stage for indoor games on rainy days.
- Is In close proximity to local parks, tennis courts, sports fields, green shady areas, and a quiet neighbourhood that is great for outdoor activities.
- We love nature and spend the majority of our day programme outdoors. Our favourite weekly trip destination to get splashed is Concord/Thornhill Regional Park’s splash pad, located at 299 Racco Pkwy
7 themed weeks to choose from
Schedule by week - thornhill Campus
*Our camp schedule is tentative and subject to change.
A successful field trip provides a fun and engaging experience for campers while prioritizing their safety and well-being. Here’s a list of safety measures that we take on field trip days:
- We hire a professional bus company and drivers.
- Campers wear camp t-shirts with our camp’s name and phone number.
- We have staff placed strategically at bus drop-offs, attraction sites’ entrances, and other locations.
- We have campers stay together in groups the whole time of the tour.
- We work closely with the attraction sites, and they support us greatly during our group visits.
- We are always counting campers! Our staff is trained specifically on trip safety procedures.
Adventure field trip week Aug 19-23 details
A field trip adventure week includes excursions every day for five days of exciting socialization and educational experiences.
- The drop-off and pick-up place is at splash pad Concord/Thornhill Regional Park, 299 Racco Pkwy., Thornhill, ON L4J 8X9.
- The drop-off time is 9 a.m. and the pick-up time is 4 p.m. unless the extended care option is selected.
- Parents will get a detailed message with a packing list, a detailed schedule, etc. prior to the start of the week.
- The transportation is scheduled to be by a school bus, by a reputable transportation provider, First Student. The transportation cost, all admission fees, and Wednesday pizza lunch are included in the camp fee.
We are planning to spend most of the day at the field trip location this week, having our program and lunch there.
- August 19: Black Creek Pioneer Village offers an immersive and educational experience, perfect for youngsters. Explore a historically accurate settler town from 1860s Ontario and dive deep into history!
- August 20: Legoland Discovery Centre. Enjoy a 4D cinema Lego movie premiere, 10 LEGO build and play zones, 2 LEGO-themed rides, and a soft play area
- August 21: Lake Wilcox Skatepark: Engage in a variety of sports including soccer, beach volleyball, dodgeball, badminton, basketball, spider net, and other active games, followed by a pizza and popcorn party!
- August 22: Ontario Science Centre. Spark your curiosity and explore the wonders of science and innovation through hands-on exhibits, live science shows, demonstrations, and a rainforest. We’re excited about the upcoming special exhibitions, ‘Dinos in Motion’ and ‘Our Climate Quest’!
- August 23: Swimming at Oak Ridges Pool. Explore Lake Wilcox Park with its splash pad, large playground and nature trails. Oak Ridges’ regular pool features a waterslide, while a warm beach-entry leisure pool offers bubbling hydro jets.
Trip to the Swimming pool
Our staff members will ensure that campers ages 6–7 and those who don’t feel confident in the water will wear a life jacket and stay in the shallow area of the pool at all times. 7 year old campers can take off their life jackets once they can show that they feel confident in the water. For campers ages 8+ and those who take the deep pool test, life jackets are not required. If they want to go to the deep end, the swimming test will be done by a qualified lifeguard.
We take the safety of all our campers very seriously, and our counsellors as well as lifeguards from the Oak Ridges Pool will be on duty to closely monitor all pool activities.
Note: Children must be at least 6 years old to participate in the swimming sessions. Campers who are 5 years old or those who choose not to swim will enjoy the Lake Wilcox splash pad and playground during the swimming session.
How to get to us
The drop off and pick up location is at the entrance of Wilshire Elementary School at 265 Beverley Glen Blvd., Thornhill, Ontario L4J 7S8
DiscoveryLand Camp’s Thornhill Day Camp is serving Thornhill, Maple, Concord, Woodbridge, Aurora, King, North York, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Toronto and Markham.