It’s so good to be a part of something bigger. We love DLC’s traditions—whether it’s a good laugh together during a camp dance, a fun chat during lunch time, or an in-depth detective investigation during brain games. These moments bring everyone together and help establish a sense of unity and family. Our values are deeply rooted in the entire camp experience, and they make this place unique. It’s very rewarding to see children make discoveries every day. Have you ever gotten a chance to see yourself make a real difference? We do daily!”
– Yours, DLC team
Before the camp starts, we spend hours and hours discussing and practicing procedures. Every year we fine-tune the program based on the previous year’s performance and keep adding new elements. Every counsellor has gone through the Pre-Camp Staff Training covering the following areas: conflict resolution, separation from parents anxiety, leading engaging activities, leadership by example, equality and diversity, helping first-time campers fit in, bullying prevention, safety first, etc.
Our counsellors are trained to assist our younger (and older if needed) campers with sunscreen application, hydration, mealtimes, water fun time preparation, bathroom runs and more. They are here to encourage campers to make friends and to provide them with a fun, safe, and unforgettable camp experience.
Our counsellor team is a qualified mix of passionate individuals ranging from young adults in high-school/university to certified educators and/or parents themselves! We are all dedicated to making this camp experience rich in adventures for every person here.
- All of DiscoveryLand Camp’s staff undergoes a strict safety-training program in order to guarantee a protected and secure camp experience.
- Our Director Marina has a master’s degree in education. She is also a certified facilitator of “7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens“ by FranklinCovey Leadership Center.
- Our Head Counsellors, Counsellors, Junior Counsellors, and Service Staff are committed to providing optimum conditions for safety.
- Many of our former campers loved our camp atmosphere and program so much that they returned as counsellors to help our camp family grow.
- Most of our counsellors are certificated in Survival First Aid, Bronze Medallion and higher awards.
- DLC is a SUN AWARE CERTIFIED CAMP. All our counsellors go through sun safety training.