The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens written by Sean Covey, describes how teenagers can become more effective and independent by learning seven habits.
Here are a few quotes from the book just to give you impression on what kind the book it is.
- It’s especially hard to admit that you made a mistake to your parents, because, of course, you know so much more than they do.
- Isn’t it kind of silly to think that tearing someone else down builds you up?
- We are free to choose our paths, but we can’t choose the consequences that come with them.
- The following is a list of statements made many years ago by experts in their fields. At the time they were said they sounded intelligent. With the passing of time, they sound idiotic.
- If you decide to just go with the flow, you’ll end up where the flow goes, which is usually downhill, often leading to a big pile of sludge and a life of unhappiness. You’ll end up doing what everyone else is doing.
- Instead of playing to win, I was playing not to lose. It reminds me of the story I once heard about two friends being chased by a bear, when one turned to the other and said, “I just realized that I don’t need to outrun the bear; I only need to outrun you.
- Education must be a lifelong pursuit. The person who doesn’t read is not better off than the person who can’t.
- I like how Mother Teresa put it: “Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God’s kindness: kindness in your face, in your eyes, in your smile.” If you approach life this way, always looking for ways to build instead of to tear down, you’ll be amazed at how much happiness you can give to others and find for yourself
- Don’t wait until people are dead to give them flowers.
- These problems are real, and you can’t turn off real life. So I won’t try. Instead, I’ll give you a set of tools to help you deal with real life.
– Sean Covey, The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective TeensJoin DiscoveryLand Camp Leadership-in-Action Introduction and Advanced Classes Register for DiscoveryLand Camp: Summer camps with 34 fun filled programs that help kids and teens to grow into successful Leaders.