This great resource of camp preparation tips from CampSpirit might be especially helpful for younger campers or first time comers to overnight summer camps.
Check it out – even experienced parents will find some practical advice.
A short summary of best preparation-for-camp tips:
- Involve your kid in camp preparation.
- Make sure the focus of the camp you’ve chosen (sport, art, leadership) matches both your values and your kid’s interest.
- Label their stuff properly, check the camp’s requirements on luggage size and packing list.
- Complete the Health Form – put down all the information you think the camp should know about your child.
- Arrange some away-from-home time before the summer camp’s session starts- let your kid get used to being without parents in small doses.
The first part of the video emphasizes the life skills building experience at a residential camp. Being a fun place to go to, with all sport, art and leadership classes, DiscoveryLand Camp incorporates character building into every aspect of its program.